Monday, February 14, 2005

A Healthy Perspective on Hyperactivity (ADHD)

9 email queries & 8 snail mail queries went off to Literary Agents for my book, Laughter and Tears in a Hyperactive Home. Over the past 2 weeks I've received 3 rejections. One agent did spend some time on our website, LaughterandTears.com and indicated that she was confident we would find both an agent and a buyer for the project. It was just too far outside of their genre of titles. That was encouraging.

Saturday I received a request for a formal proposal from one of the remaining agents. This, of course, is very promising. I had already laid out the basic elements that are common to non-fiction book proposals and am now just refining it and formatting per the agency's guidelines from their website.

This agency has a decent sales list from last year, which is also good, and is represented prominently in books on agents and at respected writer's conferences.

I hope to have the proposal in the mail this week.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:16 PM

    Hey there,
    I'm writing a short note to let you know- I think you have a very informative blog. I enjoyed the great read here today. I'll be back. Keep it coming.
    herbal remedies
    www.alternativehealthreporter.com

    ReplyDelete