Friday, February 18, 2005

Geographically un-tethered income and the lure of the open road…

Laura (Laurie) and I have this grand desire to hit the open road in a Motorhome and tour the US. It is part of the writing dream – the ability to create “geographically un-tethered” income.

Geographically un-tethered. Income you can derive from any locale. Such as here...

Bartlett Lake, Arizona


A few of the places we want to visit…
Charleston, South Carolina – We have a novel idea, kind of a John Grisham, murder, good ole boys club type of story. Based loosely on our family’s past.

Key West, Florida – Yes folks, I’m a Parrothead. This will be religious pilgrimage of sorts – complete with a Duval Crawl and obligatory sunset celebration.

I wanna be there
Wanna go back down and a' get high by the sea there
With a tin cup for a chalice, fill it up with good red wine
And I'm a' chewin' on a honeysuckle vine
- from Tin Cup Chalice – Jimmy Buffett

We’ve had this dream since dating. And yes, after 17 years of marriage and 20 years being together, she is still “all that!!!” I like her. Nope, love her. She’s put up with my crazy ideas and dreams and continues to, for some reason. Gypsy at heart to be sure. And just a little tempestuous – but that is half the fun!

Here is a picture I took of her as she and Sara got ready for school.



No comments:

Post a Comment