Wednesday, September 07, 2005

What is he trying to say? Why I’ll kick his $%&!!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8914760/

A recent study found that men whose masculinity was threatened overcompensated in later studies.

Uh… durr!!! The real question is who paid for this study?

I know personally that when my wife mocks me because I am wearing her pink panties that I always take them off and exchange them for the white ones with ruffles. I mean, I don’t want to be taken for a sissy!

Read back to my earlier entry about my pink flowery garment bag. I didn’t shave for 2 days after enduring those mocking looks and derisive glances. When I finally got around to it, my Epilady Two could hardly remove the manly bristles on my neck and face.

Seriously. I thought this was a funny story. Two key points that stood out. The overcompensating men were more inclined to show homophobic tendencies and to show a desire to purchase SUVs. I can tell you that I am not homophobic – I just prefer non-fat milk.

However, there are times that I pretend my Dodge Caravan is a raised black Excursion. To get the full effect, I fill my tank with gas and spray another 20 gallons all over the ground. Then I drive around until I find some kid on a bicycle, pretend he is a full-sized car, and cut him off.

More seriously however, was this little ditty.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8901143/

Basically, it says that 1 in 25 wives have been unfaithful and you (as a man) might be raising another’s child.

CLUE: If you and your wife are Caucasian and the child is African-American, Asian, or Hispanic – it’s probably not a recessive gene on your wife’s side of the family. Don’t let her pull that one over on you.

I don’t know how the odds skew but having four kids, I am figuring that there is a pretty good chance that one or more of those little rats running around my house isn't mine.

I was going to take it up with Laura but she was busy having dinner with the mailman. She tells me she is just fascinated with male men – which I understand accounts for a lot of them.

But hey, it doesn’t impact my masculinity. I’m comfortable with all of it. Just ask my tattoo artist. I explained the whole thing to him while he tattooed a cliched barbed-wire arm band across my bicep. I don’t know if he heard me because we had the Nascar race turned up so high.

Well, I have to go now. I just bought a new tool belt and decided to build a room addition…right after my soap.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:40 AM

    I read your pro blog more often, and agree with you on all accounts.

    The part here about spraying gas on the ground had me killing myself laughing ... ahh, funny stuff!!

    thanks for the laugh.
    Mike

    ReplyDelete