Sunday, April 24, 2005

Roar! I’m a tiger!

In the "truth is stranger that fiction" category, we bring you this news item from MSNBC...

Don’t get me wrong. I’m all for helping baby animals and all. My family has “nursed” a few back to health ourselves but I think I may have drawn the line if my wife had to personally NURSE them back to health.

It’s no mystery that husbands have no recognition of breast as “feeding tubes” – having personally categorized them as “home entertainment systems.” We can tolerate our kids sharing the wealth, as it were – albeit for a short time – but other mammals taking a turn is a bit much. I mean, they aren’t even stoop-shouldered, knuckle-walkers.

At least with hominids I could have a customary jealous reaction but my emotional response to members of the large cat family might be hard to sort out.

It certainly brings a whole new meaning to the term “den mother.”

When asked his opinion of his surrogate mother’s “feeding tubes” the male tiger, affectionately known as Tony replied, “Theeyyy’rrrree GRRREEEEAATTT!!!”
=================
Wendy's Finger Food Recap
In case you hadn't heard, the woman who reported finding a finger in her chili at Wendy's was arrested and the police believe it was a hoax. That is rather anti-climactic. What is interesting is the description of the chili in this story here:
2nd paragraph:
"...Ayala claimed she bit down a 1 1/2-inch finger in a mouthful of steamy chili on March 22."
Is "steamy chili" the formal name of the product or was the writer choosing an interesting time to add color to their narrative. Why not "delicious chili" or "mouth-watering chili?" I'm just curious..
Thanks, no time to write much more, check back later.

No comments:

Post a Comment