Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Next up – scheduling like I mean it

“Time’s got its own plans, yeah it’s rolling.
As traveler’s were caught up in its rush
Moments become images called memories
And dreams they often get lost in it's dust”
- Matthew Moran (Time to Go Home)

Dost thou love life? Then do not squander time, for that the stuff life is made of.
- Ben Franklin

Side note: It’s my blog so I can quote myself and include that with a quote from Ben Franklin. It automatically puts me in good company!  ;-)

Now that I’ve segmented content in some way that seems reasonable to me, I want to be a bit more intentional about publishing it. By the end of this week I plan to have an editorial calendar of sorts. It will look something like:

Sunday:

  • Plan & Notes for all content

Monday:

  • Notes From The Toolshed
  • Songwriter Matthew Moran

Tuesday:

Wednesday:

  • Songwriter Matthew Moran
  • My Life and what goes with it

Thursday:

  • Notes From The Toolshed

Friday:

  • My Life and what goes with it

Saturday:

-----------------

Please note, this is not my current schedule – just an idea of what it will look like. I’ve start a list using Google Tasks to jot down and organize content ideas. I’ll write a bit more about using Google Tasks as well. In fact, as I mentioned in Notes From The Toolshed, I have been thoroughly “Googleized”. If you are not using Google beyond the search engine, you should be.

Also, even when the schedule is in place, if an announcement and/or content presents itself; a news story, or reasonable significant event, then I will write about it.

Okay.. it is now 4:50AM – I’ve been up since about 3:00AM and am well into my list of things to get done. I’ll be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment